Title: Mushroom Risotto (ft. Binkse Truffle Oil)
- ½ ea. Yellow Onion, small dice
- 3 sprigs Thyme, destemmed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic, more if you want!!! I do!
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used baby portabellas, oyster, and shitake)
- 1 cup Arborio or Carolina rice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4-5 qts stock (I used chicken you can use whatever kind tho!)
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Mascarpone Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated.
- ¼ Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (I used 3!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Binske Truffle oil, as directed.
- In the widest pan you have in your kitchen sauté onion and thyme together until onion begins to turn translucent and golden brown. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add Mushrooms sauté until mushrooms are almost cooked through. Add the rice and “toast” it. I called it slightly heating the rice on my Instagram live where I cooked this.
- Deglaze with white wine and cook until the wine has been absorbed by the rice. At this point take 1/3 of your stock and add it to you rice while constantly mixing as not to let the rice burn to the pan.
- Do this 2 more times or until the liquid is gone and rice is cooked. You may need to add more or less liquid I’ve learned over time, so I left you ample room with the amount of liquid I called for.
- When rice is cooked, add heavy cream and cook for 2 mins. Shut off the heat on your stove and add all your cheese as well as your butter. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Time to medicate: Add as many droppers of Binske Truffle oil as you feel comfortable with. Each dropper is approx. 10 mg THC. Start low and work your way up! You can always add more oil, but you can’t take oil away when you’ve ingested to much. This step is up to the reader. I suggest using 10 droppers as someone with a relatively high tolerance and this recipe also make quite a bit.
Rating: (3.33/5) – 3x rated