Title: Madd Good Granola Bars
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats 1 cup rice crispy cereal 2/3 cup mix of raisins, dried cherries and dried Apricots 1/2 cup canna-honey (can also mix desired mg of distillate or tincture into honey) 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 cup peanut butter 1/2 Cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 300°F. Line the baking pan with parchment, leaving extra parchment to hang over 2 of the sides. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place old fashioned oats on baking sheet and toast for 7 minutes.
- Mix the oats, cereal, nuts, and dried fruit together in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and peanut butter.
- Pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir until the ingredients are completely coated and start to stick together in clumps.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Press mixture to let out any air pockets, and use the extra hang over from the parchment paper to firmly Compress the mixture together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for chewy granola bars or 30-35 minutes for crunchy bars. As soon as you remove the bars from the oven, press them again with the back of a lightly oiled spatula for well compacted granola bar. Let cool to room temperature.
- Melt Chocolate chips in a double boiler, and pour baking pan, set to harden in the fridge for 40 minutes, remove, cut and enjoy. ( crumble on baking sheet and bake for a nice granola crunch in your oatmeal or yogurt)
Rating: (4/5) – 5x rated